Anglia Care Trust launches ACTober to support Families in Need (FIND) in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk housing charity has launched a month-long appeal to help those in need as winter approaches.
Anglia Care Trust’s ACTober initiative will support Families in Need (FIND) in Ipswich by collecting donations of food, money and clothing.
The charity’s Martlesham offices will be used as a FIND collection point throughout October. Its 65 staff and 130 volunteers will also be holding a clothes swap on the United Nations’ International Day for the Eradication of Poverty, October 17, raising further donations for the appeal.
A spokesman said: “We will be asking our staff, volunteers and colleague agencies for donations throughout the month of October, but we also want to highlight our initiative to all members of our community in the hopes that they will join in and donate to those in need.
“We want to be very specific on the type of items that are donated - to ensure that FIND receive clothes and food that are useful to those who need them.
You may also want to watch:
“The charity was started nearly 30 years ago by Maureen Reynel MBE and, with her experience, she can recommend items that she knows are most needed.
“All items must be clean and in good condition with no missing buttons and working zips. No dirty or ripped clothing or bedding, or that which is past its best - we need items that are useful and will last.”
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 5 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 6 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 9 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 10 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
Donations being sought include:
Coats – must be longer length (no jackets), dark colours, with hoods and should be waterproof.
Hats, gloves, scarves – must be lined/warm and dark colours.
Clothing – for example, comfortable trousers (tracksuit bottoms are both warm and practical).
Towels – large towels with lots of life left in them.
Toiletries - male only, including shower gel, deodorant, shampoo.
Food – non-perishable food a shelf life of at least 2018.
Donations can be made at ACT’s offices, which are open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm and are at 8, The Square, Martlesham Heath, Ipswich, IP5 3SL.