Anglia Care Trust launches ACTober to support Families in Need (FIND) in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk housing charity has launched a month-long appeal to help those in need as winter approaches.
Anglia Care Trust’s ACTober initiative will support Families in Need (FIND) in Ipswich by collecting donations of food, money and clothing.
The charity’s Martlesham offices will be used as a FIND collection point throughout October. Its 65 staff and 130 volunteers will also be holding a clothes swap on the United Nations’ International Day for the Eradication of Poverty, October 17, raising further donations for the appeal.
A spokesman said: “We will be asking our staff, volunteers and colleague agencies for donations throughout the month of October, but we also want to highlight our initiative to all members of our community in the hopes that they will join in and donate to those in need.
“We want to be very specific on the type of items that are donated - to ensure that FIND receive clothes and food that are useful to those who need them.
“The charity was started nearly 30 years ago by Maureen Reynel MBE and, with her experience, she can recommend items that she knows are most needed.
“All items must be clean and in good condition with no missing buttons and working zips. No dirty or ripped clothing or bedding, or that which is past its best - we need items that are useful and will last.”
- 1 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 2 Brother of Ipswich murder victim to roll out bleed control kits across town
- 3 Omid Djalili cracks Ipswich joke at Queen's Platinum Jubilee show
- 4 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 5 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 6 Charity match held in memory of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens
- 7 £1million house with extensive grounds up for sale near Christchurch Park
- 8 Meet John Cook the next mayor of Ipswich – and a Norwich City supporter
- 9 GALLERY: 14 pictures from the Ipswich Twilight Races 2022
- 10 Ford Transit van destroyed in suspected arson attack
Donations being sought include:
Coats – must be longer length (no jackets), dark colours, with hoods and should be waterproof.
Hats, gloves, scarves – must be lined/warm and dark colours.
Clothing – for example, comfortable trousers (tracksuit bottoms are both warm and practical).
Towels – large towels with lots of life left in them.
Toiletries - male only, including shower gel, deodorant, shampoo.
Food – non-perishable food a shelf life of at least 2018.
Donations can be made at ACT’s offices, which are open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm and are at 8, The Square, Martlesham Heath, Ipswich, IP5 3SL.