Anniversary checks after armed robbery
POLICE have today been carrying out anniversary checks to find more witnesses to an armed robbery in Nacton Road.A man struck outside Lloyds TSB in Nacton Road at around 10am last Friday , the third time in less than two years that the bank has been targeted.
POLICE have today been carrying out anniversary checks to find more witnesses to an armed robbery in Nacton Road.
A man struck outside Lloyds TSB in Nacton Road at around 10am last Friday , the third time in less than two years that the bank has been targeted.
He approached a Group 4 Securicor guard visiting the branch and brandished a hand gun, before grabbing the cash box and running away.
The robber initially fled the scene with a bag containing £15,000, but the money was discovered nearby by police soon after.
Officers were at the same scene todayat the same time to speak to potential witnesses.
A police spokesman said: “It is normal to carry out these checks. It is just to see if they can get any more witnesses that may have vital information. People may not have stayed around last week so this is a chance for police to speak to people who may have been there at the same time last week.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 3 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 4 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 5 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 6 Delays on A14 after Orwell Bridge incident
- 7 Teenager involved in burglary which 'trashed' home must do unpaid work
- 8 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 9 Felixstowe man who trashed his ex's home ordered to pay compensation
- 10 Revealed: The Indian restaurants in Ipswich with five-star hygiene ratings
“We have also been carrying out house to house enquiries.”
Shortly after the incident, police sealed off the junction of Felix Road and Nansen Road in relation to the raid outside the bank but it is understood that the occupier was not at home.
Anyone with any information about the incident should call Suffolk police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
What do you think of the idea of anniversary checks? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail email@example.com.