Anniversary fun at skatepark
SKATEBOARDERS and roller bladers made the most of the weekend's glorious sunshine to celebrate the one-year anniversary of the Ipswich Skate Park.A fun day, which drew some of the finest young skateboarders in the area, was held at the £100,000 facility, which was opened just over one year ago alongside the Stoke Bridge.
SKATEBOARDERS and roller bladers made the most of the weekend's glorious sunshine to celebrate the one-year anniversary of the Ipswich Skate Park.
A fun day, which drew some of the finest young skateboarders in the area, was held at the £100,000 facility, which was opened just over one year ago alongside the Stoke Bridge.
Youngsters ranging from the under 12 age group to the over 16 age group took part in the event, with various prizes on offer for the winners.
Lee Minter, who runs the Hoax Clothing Company, in St Nicholas Street, Ipswich, donated £150 worth of equipment as prizes for the winners.
You may also want to watch:
Jason Bennett, 28, of Sproughton Road, Ipswich, was one of the event organisers and said it had been a resounding success.
"It's been a great standard, especially among the younger ones, he said. "They have been doing some unbelievable stuff."
- 1 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 4 Ipswich bar forced to close early after staff attacked
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 7 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
- 8 Man drove into ex-partner's parked car outside Gainsborough Labour and Social Club
- 9 Developer 'ecstatic' as multi-million pound town hotel gets green light
- 10 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
Mr Bennett, who has been skateboarding himself since 1985, said the facility has been a big hit with skateboarders, bladers and BMX riders in the Ipswich area over the past year.
"People are using it all year round, he said. "They are loving it and they are progressing really well. It's helping them get better and some are getting sponsored.
"Soon we're going to be hearing about a lot of sponsored skateboarders coming from Ipswich."