Anniversary fun at skatepark
SKATEBOARDERS and roller bladers made the most of the weekend's glorious sunshine to celebrate the one-year anniversary of the Ipswich Skate Park.A fun day, which drew some of the finest young skateboarders in the area, was held at the £100,000 facility, which was opened just over one year ago alongside the Stoke Bridge.
SKATEBOARDERS and roller bladers made the most of the weekend's glorious sunshine to celebrate the one-year anniversary of the Ipswich Skate Park.
A fun day, which drew some of the finest young skateboarders in the area, was held at the £100,000 facility, which was opened just over one year ago alongside the Stoke Bridge.
Youngsters ranging from the under 12 age group to the over 16 age group took part in the event, with various prizes on offer for the winners.
Lee Minter, who runs the Hoax Clothing Company, in St Nicholas Street, Ipswich, donated £150 worth of equipment as prizes for the winners.
Jason Bennett, 28, of Sproughton Road, Ipswich, was one of the event organisers and said it had been a resounding success.
"It's been a great standard, especially among the younger ones, he said. "They have been doing some unbelievable stuff."
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
- 6 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 7 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 8 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 10 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
Mr Bennett, who has been skateboarding himself since 1985, said the facility has been a big hit with skateboarders, bladers and BMX riders in the Ipswich area over the past year.
"People are using it all year round, he said. "They are loving it and they are progressing really well. It's helping them get better and some are getting sponsored.
"Soon we're going to be hearing about a lot of sponsored skateboarders coming from Ipswich."