Anniversary surprise for hairdresser
PAST and present staff from Ipswich hairdressers Hairaisers gathered in town to celebrate their 20th birthday.Back in October 1982, Maurice Cordy-Ramsey opened up the shop in the Eastgate shopping centre, before it later moved to its current location in Carr Street.
PAST and present staff from Ipswich hairdressers Hairaisers gathered in town to celebrate their 20th birthday.
Back in October 1982, Maurice Cordy-Ramsey opened up the shop in the Eastgate shopping centre, before it later moved to its current location in Carr Street.
On Monday, staff threw a surprise birthday party for him at Church's Café Bar in Hatton Court.
Lindsay Wallace, manageress, who organised the surprise party for Maurice and has been at the hairdressers for 17 years said: "There are about 45 staff who've worked for Hairaisers over the years and this is our way of showing our gratitude to Maurice."
A tearful Maurice was flattered to be the centre of attention and it was a lovely surprise.
Maurice, originally from Greece, who lives in Felixstowe, was presented with a bottle of champagne by staff members.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 3 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 4 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 5 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 6 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 7 Judge reassures town centre is 'open for business' after robbery trial
- 8 Women uniting against violence in Ipswich
- 9 Driver taken to hospital after two vehicle crash near Ipswich train station
- 10 'Mum had the last Christmas she deserved' - Ipswich hospice helps families