Annual art exhibition to be showcased at Blackthorpe Barn, near Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A group of 30 East Anglian artists will showcase their work at Blackthorpe Barn, near Bury St Edmunds, at an annual contemporary exhibition which is now in its 18th year.
Artworks showcases original art at the 14th-century building and visitors will get the opportunity to view the eclectic exhibition for three weeks.
More than 2,000 people are expected to attend and all artwork will be for sale alongside daily opportunities to meet the artists at the exhibition.
A Mini Artworks prize draw will also take place, with money donated to the Teenage Cancer Trust as well as the Artworks schools outreach programme.
Visitors can enjoy homemade cakes and coffee in the barn’s new cafe and greetings cards and other smaller gift items are available to buy in the Artworks shop.
You may also want to watch:
Artworks takes place from Saturday, September 9 to Sunday, October 1, from 10am to 5pm and admission is free.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 4 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 8 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers
- 9 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 10 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial