Another act for Pop in the Dark
PARTY in the Dark's bumper line-up has been given one more boost with the addition of another artist to the bill.To many Romeo is merely an MC with infamous garage outfit So Solid Crew but he is now focused on making a bid for solo success.
PARTY in the Dark's bumper line-up has been given one more boost with the addition of another artist to the bill.
To many Romeo is merely an MC with infamous garage outfit So Solid Crew but he is now focused on making a bid for solo success.
And on Friday he will be in Ipswich to win over new fans and satisfy old when he takes to the stage at the Corn Exchange for a performance at the Party in the Dark music extravaganza, appearing alongside Liberty X, S Club Juniors, 911 and many more.
Romeo first took to the decks when he was 13, playing to crowds at the Notting Hill carnival with Megaman Mc-ed. They went on to put on under-18 raves at community centres near to their London homes.
It was in 1998, when Romeo was 17, however, that he made his MCing debut in Arena 2 of Garage Nation at Bagley's in Kings Cross.
- 1 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 2 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 3 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 4 Parking woes for shop parade hit by 'continous roadworks'
- 5 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 6 Driver taken to hospital after car crashes into parked vehicle
- 7 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 8 Ipswich salon to offer free gent's haircut at Suffolk Show
- 9 List of 18 rejected proposals to save Felixstowe beach huts revealed
- 10 Fuel spillage causes delays on busy Ipswich road after truck breaks down
That was long enough for Romeo to impress and he was quickly being booked for MCing gigs in clubs across South London.
It was during this time that he met up with Megaman again and the foundations of So Solid were put in place.
Now Romeo is going it alone. His debut solo single, Romeo Dunn, is out on August 12.
n Tickets for the Ipswich Corn Exchange gig cost £20 and are on sale at the Central Box Office, Princes Street, Ipswich, or by calling 01473 433100.