Apology given in free parking mix-up in Felixstowe
- Credit: Su Anderson
Cash from parking tickets bought by mistake will be used to support a charity or project in Felixstowe.
Motorists complained at the lack of publicity for free parking to support the town’s Christmas lights switch-on. Many ended up paying for parking to be on the safe side.
Andrew Nunn, Suffolk Coastal cabinet member for the green environment, said the council granted free car parking at the request of Felixstowe Town Council.
He added: “Although the free parking provision was publicised, we are aware that a lack of signage in the car parks resulted in some people attending the event buying parking tickets when they did not need to. I can only apologise to the people who bought parking tickets.
“We will review what happened and work with our partners to ensure this problem is avoided in the future.
You may also want to watch:
“Suffolk Coastal has no intention of making money because of this mistake, so we will check to find out the value of the parking tickets that were bought in Felixstowe on Saturday and explore ways of making sure the money is used to specifically support a Felixstowe project or charity.”
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 5 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 6 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 9 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 10 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea