Apology to rail travellers
ANGLIA Railways has apologised to its passengers after several of its early morning commuter trains were cancelled.Overnight engineering work ran into the morning yesterday , meaning that three trains – the 5.
ANGLIA Railways has apologised to its passengers after several of its early morning commuter trains were cancelled.
Overnight engineering work ran into the morning yesterday , meaning that three trains – the 5.18am Norwich to London, the 7.07am Ipswich to Norwich and the 8am Norwich to London, between Norwich and Ipswich – had to be cancelled.
Peter Meades, a spokesman for Anglia Railways, said yesterday: "We had some problems this morning purely and simply because Network Rail were doing overnight engineering work which over ran into this morning.
"It did cause some disruption – for example the 7.07am Ipswich to Norwich train had to be cancelled simply because the driver was the wrong side of the engineering block with another train.
"Although there were delays and disruption, it was not extensive. We apologise to our customers who were affected this morning.
"It is always disappointing when overnight projects over run."
- 1 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 2 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 3 'From one family business to another' - Cattermole's changes hands
- 4 Woman bit dog owner during dispute over not picking up mess
- 5 Teen taken to hospital with serious injuries after Ipswich crash
- 6 Felixstowe man to star on small screen with converted Mini Cooper
- 7 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 8 Five forgotten Ipswich music venues and what they are now
- 9 Cocaine dealers involved in 'Bash' drugs line in Suffolk are jailed
- 10 Ipswich bus fares to increase after 'significant' drop in usage
N What do you think? Write in to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send us an e mail to email@example.com or visit the forum at www.eveningstar.co.uk