Appeal for witnesses to collision
POLICE have today appealed for help in identifying a man seriously injured in a collision this morning.The man was riding a bike on the B1078 between Charsfield and Wickham Market when he was involved in the collision with a red Citroen car.
POLICE have today appealed for help in identifying a man seriously injured in a collision this morning.
The man was riding a bike on the B1078 between Charsfield and Wickham Market when he was involved in the collision with a red Citroen car.
The man has been taken by air ambulance to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge and has sustained serious head injuries.
The incident happened at 8.35 this morning and the road was closed for several hours after but has now been re-opened.
You may also want to watch:
The man is described as white, being aged between 25 and 35, and was riding a specialised Allez racing bike. He was wearing a black cycling shorts, a blue Sim Tour de France cycling top and blue cycling shoes and was carrying a blue rucksack.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Police said: “At this time police have been unable to contact next of kin and would ask anybody who can help or who witnessed the collision to contact Suffolk Police on 01473 613500.”
- 1 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 2 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 3 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 4 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 5 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 6 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 7 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 8 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 9 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 10 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park