Appeal's £10,000 windfall
THE Somebody's Daughter appeal has today been boosted by a massive £10,000 donation.Guests at Friday's glittering Ipswich and Suffolk Press Ball witnessed the shock windfall from Ipswich business Call Connection.
THE Somebody's Daughter appeal has today been boosted by a massive £10,000 donation.
Guests at Friday's glittering Ipswich and Suffolk Press Ball witnessed the shock windfall from Ipswich business Call Connection.
Graeme Kalbraier, managing director of the firm announced the cash would go towards the Star's campaign to build a safehouse to help people trapped in the grip of drugs.
The money comes from a £5,000 business entrepreneurship award which Call Connection won from the London-based Worshipful Company of Information Technologists.
Mr Kalbaier said: “We matched this money and I am able to announce we can donate £10,000 towards the Somebody Daughter's campaign.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 3 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 4 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 5 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 6 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 7 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 8 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 9 A14 closed overnight as lorry overturns in multi-vehicle pile up
- 10 Ipswich shop owner among UK's top 100 female business women