Archant Life's newest acquisition
MAGAZINE publisher Archant Life has completed the acquisition of Picture House Publishing, the publishers of Living France magazine.The business is based at Olney, near Milton Keynes and seven members of staff will be joining Archant Life, the regional magazine subsidiary of Archant, which owns the Evening Star.
MAGAZINE publisher Archant Life has completed the acquisition of Picture House Publishing, the publishers of Living France magazine.
The business is based at Olney, near Milton Keynes and seven members of staff will be joining Archant Life, the regional magazine subsidiary of Archant, which owns the Evening Star.
Living France is the market-leading monthly title for Francophiles, and sells over 20,000 copies each month through the news trade and subscription.
Archant Life MD, Jonathan Hustler said: "The title enjoys an excellent reputation, and has experienced rapid growth in recent years. Together with France magazine, which we acquired two years ago, this gives us a strong position in the France-related specialist sector.
You may also want to watch:
"Between them France and Living France sell over 70,000 copies each issue and we will now be able to offer an even better service to our customers in the UK and France."
The business has been bought from the Yorke family - who will remain involved with Living France.
- 1 Woman threatened to expose lorry driver's sexual relationship
- 2 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 3 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 4 What happened to Luke Durbin? Mum's renewed appeal 15 years after teenager vanished in Ipswich
- 5 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 Community left heartbroken by loss of mum Jessica
- 8 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 9 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 10 Suffolk man buys rare Mini built to mark Queen's Silver Jubilee for £10k
Trevor Yorke will continue to write and illustrate the series of regional features which have become the hallmark of the title, Susan Yorke remains as office manager whilst Matthew Yorke carries on his role as production director.
Trevor Yorke, who joined the title just after its launch in 1989 said: "We are very proud to have developed Living France into a successful quality title and I am pleased to have passed it on to Archant in the knowledge that they will continue to champion its values".
Simon Haisman, who joins Archant Life as publishing director - France on January 2 from VNU, will be responsible for both France magazine and Living France.