Are you being driven to despair on Ipswich’s roads - let us know in our big roadworks survey
- Credit: Archant
Roadworks, traffic delays and closed roads can drive motorists to despair - so the Ipswich Star is asking for your thoughts on the state of the town’s road network as part of our Roadworks Watch campaign.
Last night much of the town was in gridlock, with severe delays on Princes Street, Grey Friars Street, Star Lane, Civic Drive, Crown Street and College Street.
The town has been plagued by roadworks on key routes over the past year with delays on Wherstead Road, Norwich Road, College Street and Woodbridge Road from Kesgrave.
The Star website and Facebook page has already seen a healthy response to the survey, but we are keen to get as many of your thoughts as possible.
Disgruntled motorist Denzil Cracknell said: “In my humble opinion the incredible amount of money spent over some three years has been a huge waste of money that could have used elsewhere to benefit the town.”
He said he was unimpressed with the changes to the London Road with Robin Drive T junction and the Princes Street roundabout.
“The whole idea was for ‘Drive Ipswich’ to ease the flow of traffic through the town - this it patently fails to do,” he added.
- 1 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 2 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 3 Brother of Ipswich murder victim to roll out bleed control kits across town
- 4 £1million house with extensive grounds up for sale near Christchurch Park
- 5 Hopes pre-built extension plans will attract bigger acts to the Regent
- 6 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 7 Charity match held in memory of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens
- 8 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 9 GALLERY: 14 pictures from the Ipswich Twilight Races 2022
- 10 Meet John Cook the next mayor of Ipswich – and a Norwich City supporter
Chris D commented: “I have lived in Ipswich since 2004 and always found the traffic and roadworks a nightmare.
“As for the last 5 years it certainly has not got any better and am inclined to say worse. The amount of roadworks just does not cease and what really gets peoples back up is repeated roadworks in the same areas, same stretch of road.”
On Facebook Paul Moore described roadworks “never-ending horror”.
To take part in the big Ipswich roadworks survey visit www.ipswichstar.co.uk, email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Star Letters, Portman House, 120 Princes Street, Ipswich, IP1 1RS.