Are you in these pictures from Murrayside Pop Festival in 1979?
- Credit: Archant
In 1979, the community of Nacton came together to enjoy the Murrayside Pop Festival at the youth club.
These pictures captured on the day show crowds of people enjoying the event as numerous bands performed at the community centre on Nacton Road.
The venue is now Murrayside Learning Centre, run by Realise Futures, and offers a number of learning and development courses to adults.
The courses available are in five areas - maths and English, computers and technology, skills for work, health and well-being, and family learning.
Can you spot yourself or someone you know in the pictures we have found in our archive?
You may also want to watch:
Do you remember attending the Pop Festival at the Murrayside Youth Club 30 plus years ago, or do you recognise anybody in these pictures?
For more nostalgic pictures and memories from the town, like our Ipswich Remembers Facebook page.
- 1 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 7 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 8 Future of Swarovski in Buttermarket not crystal clear
- 9 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 10 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out