Armed man robs store
AN ARMED man stole money from a newsagent during a daring daylight robbery.The young robber threatened staff at McColls in Ellenbrook Green, Ipswich, before running away with an undisclosed amount of money.
AN ARMED man stole money from a newsagent during a daring daylight robbery.
The young robber threatened staff at McColls in Ellenbrook Green, Ipswich, before running away with an undisclosed amount of money.
Noone was hurt during the robbery and Suffolk police are appealing for any witnesses to give information about the incident.
The robbery took place at 11.29am on August 24 when a man wearing a crash helmet and carrying a gun entered the shop.
You may also want to watch:
Insp Graham Burch said: ''A white man wearing a crash helmet and black clothing including gloves made off with an amount of money having threatened a shop assistant with a hand gun.
''He ran across the shop car park towards Belmont Road.''
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
- 10 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
The man is described as 5ft 8ins tall with a medium build. He is aged in his late teens, about 18 to 19 years old, and wore black clothing.
His black motorcycle helmet had a dark blue pattern above the visor.
Anyone who can help police with their inquiries is asked to contact DC Stuart Colbear at Ipswich CID on 01473 613500.