Armed police called to man “making threats” in Foxhall Road, Ipswich
Armed officers were called to the scene of a suspected assault in Foxhall Road, Ipswich, this afternoon, in which a woman is reported to have suffered facial injuries.
Suffolk Constabulary officers were called at 12.30pm to reports of a domestic incident.
A police spokeswoman said a victim had been reported with injuries, and added that a man had been reported at the scene as “making threats”.
Officers have arrested a man and a woman, both on suspicion of assault.
Armed officers were called to help detain the pair, but have since left the area.
An ambulance service spokesman said paramedics were called at 12.52pm by police, and sent an ambulance to the area.
“We assisted a woman at the scene, believed to be in her 20s, treated for facial injuries,” the spokesman added.
- 1 School submits plan to turn site into 7 homes
- 2 Boy, 14, injured in altercation near Ipswich primary school
- 3 Severe delays on A14 outside Ipswich after vehicle sheds turf on road
- 4 Missing Ipswich man found safe
- 5 Police hunting two men with Suffolk links after cannabis farm discovered
- 6 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 7 Aging gas main replacement works begin around Ipswich
- 8 Victim bundled into car and hit with hammer, robbery and kidnap trial hears
- 9 Ipswich teen accused of brandishing machete tells court it was a plastic toy
- 10 'I just don't operate that way' - Town owner Steed tells it straight on first visit
She was conscious and breathing and is awaiting treatment at Ipswich Hospital.