Armed police investigating Ipswich’s Grove Lane firearms incident make arrest in Fore Street
Dog units have joined armed police in carrying out a warrant in connection with a firearms incident in Grove Lane earlier this week.
Detectives investigating reports five men entered a house in Grove Lane on Tuesday, with two of them said to have been brandishing guns, carried out a planned warrant in Fore Street yesterday morning.
Three people inside the Grove Lane property were alleged to have been threatened by the group sparking a large emergency response at the scene.
A pre-planned operation was carried out in Fore Street at around 6.30am this morning with armed police seen in the area during rush hour.
A 21-year-old man from Ipswich was arrested on suspicion of aggravated burglary, possessing a firearm with intent and assault following the raid.
He was taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning. He has been bailed until November 2 in connection with the incident.
Yesterday Suffolk police confirmed a 16-year-old boy arrested after the Grove Lane incident had been released under investigation.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 3 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 4 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 5 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 6 Dog rescued from flat fire
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 8 'Vile violation of trust' - son hits out after carer stole £1,700 from mum
- 9 A14 closed overnight as lorry overturns in multi-vehicle pile up
- 10 Politicians make Ipswich a third division town
Witnesses should call South CID at Landmark House in Ipswich on 101 quoting reference 64831/17.
Or, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.