Armed police involved in hunt for man wielding axe in Pinewood area of Ipswich
A man brandished an axe during a fight involving seven men in the Pinewood area of Ipswich today, police have said.
Armed officers and the police helicopter were called to the scene of the incident in Sycamore Close at 3.30pm.
Police are still searching to locate all seven men involved in the “dispute”, a Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said.
In a statement, he said: “Police have been responding to reports of a man seen with an axe in the Pinewood area this afternoon.
“Officers were called at 3.30pm to an incident in Sycamore Close, whereby a group of four men were seen to be involved in a dispute with three other men, during which one of the men was described as brandishing an axe.
You may also want to watch:
“On police arrival the group of four had left the street, with at least two of them thought to have made off in separate vehicles. Two of the men from the other group sustained minor injuries as a result of this incident.
“A number of units, including armed officers and the police helicopter, are currently working to locate all parties involved.”
- 1 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 7 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 8 Future of Swarovski in Buttermarket not crystal clear
- 9 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 10 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out