Armed police stand-off in Holbrook
ARMED police were called to a stand-off in Holbrook after a man locked himself in a bedroom with a knife.Officers were called out to the incident, in Samford Close, after receiving a call late last night.
ARMED police were called to a stand-off in Holbrook after a man locked himself in a bedroom with a knife.
Officers were called out to the incident, in Samford Close, after receiving a call at 10.17pm yesterday .
Police were told the 52-year-old family man was threatening to harm himself.
The man, who lives in the property with his wife, later came out of the bedroom and walked around the house with the knife in his hands.
When he left the property the police helicopter was sent out to search for him.
A resident said the helicopter hovered overhead from around 10.30pm to 11.15pm.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 7 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 10 Wallets stolen and bank cards used after cars broken into
Officers on the grounds later found the man without a weapon.
A police spokeswoman said: “The man was not threatening to harm his wife and there were no children in the property so fire arms officers waited for him to leave the property of his own accord.
“He walked out of the front door shortly before 11pm and a police search ensued.
“He was found shortly afterwards and was not carrying a knife, so there was no crime committed.”
Police say the man was compliant and speaking to them when they found him.
Although he was not charged with any offence, the man was taken to St Clements Hospital, in Foxhall Road, Ipswich, where he remained today.