Armed police swoop four released
FOUR people arrested in Suffolk in connection with an armed police swoop on a car have been released by detectives.Police said no charges had been brought against the three men aged 25, 37 and 45 arrested in Felixstowe, and a 30-year-old woman arrested in Ipswich.
FOUR people arrested in Suffolk in connection with an armed police swoop on a car have been released by detectives.
Police said no charges had been brought against the three men aged 25, 37 and 45 arrested in Felixstowe, and a 30-year-old woman arrested in Ipswich.
A spokesman for Cheshire police, which carried out the operation in connection with a search for a missing 21-year-old woman, said another man, aged 37, arrested in Runcorn, had been released on police bail pending further inquiries.
He had been told to report to police again on February 26 when he would be charged, rebailed or released.
The missing woman was traced and was safe and well.
Residents were amazed as armed police surrounded a silver Golf GTi outside the 30pm outside the Walton Surgery at the junction of Walton High Street and Maidstone Road, Felixstowe, about 8.30pm Sunday.
- 1 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 3 Plans for 440 homes and visitor centre in Ipswich Garden Suburb submitted
- 4 OPINION: Free sporting activities for children return to Ipswich this summer
- 5 Woman 'froze' after seeing masked men with machetes in Ipswich
- 6 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 7 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 8 Ipswich singer to perform UK festival tour after scoring club hit
- 9 Missing 12-year-old girl from Ipswich found safe
- 10 Designer handbag stolen after car window smashed in Ipswich
Officers from Suffolk and Cheshire, plus dogs, were involved in the operation.
One resident said: “It was quite amazing and quite frightening, too, like something off a TV drama - half the time we just wanted to close the curtains and not look, but on other hand it was quite fascinating.
“There must have been six police cars and we could see the officers were armed. It looked very serious.”
Were you involved in the drama? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail EveningStarLetters@eveningstar.co.uk