Armed raid at Ipswich shop
A POLICE investigation has been launched tonight after robbers burst into a Co-op store in Ipswich and demanded cash from the till.The incident occurred at the Co-op store in Prince of Wales Drive at 9.
A POLICE investigation has been launched tonight after robbers burst into a Co-op store in Ipswich and demanded cash from the till.
The incident occurred at the Co-op store in Prince of Wales Drive at 9.45pm.
Three suspects are believed to have entered the store and threatened staff with some sort of weapon before making off towards Stoke Park Drive with money stolen from the till.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said firearms were not used in the incident and it was too early to confirm at this stage the weaponry used.
The suspects, who are believed to be men, are thought to have made off on foot.
No-one was hurt in the incident.
- 1 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 2 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 3 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 4 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 5 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 6 Homeless man allegedly stabbed man who offered help
- 7 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 8 School in Ipswich 'proud' of good Ofsted report
- 9 Peugeot stolen from Ipswich pub car park
- 10 Delays on A14 after Orwell Bridge incident
Officers cordoned off the area while an investigation got underway.
Police are appealing for anyone with information on the incident to contact them on 01473 613500 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.