Armed robbery at Ravenswood
POLICE teams have swarmed on Ravenswood today following an armed robbery at a betting shop.Officers received a call at about noon that a man with a knife had demanded cash from a member of staff at the Ladbroke's in Hening Avenue.
POLICE teams have swarmed on Ravenswood today following an armed robbery at a betting shop.
Officers received a call at about noon that a man with a knife had demanded cash from a member of staff at the Ladbrokes in Hening Avenue. It is thought the robbery happened at about 11.45am.
Suffolk police said a man entered the betting shop and approached the lone female member of staff before producing a knife and demanding cash.
A quantity of cash was handed over, which the robber placed in a plain white plastic bag before leaving on foot.
You may also want to watch:
He is described as white, aged in his early 20s, about 5ft 8in tall. He had dark stubble all over his face.
He was wearing jeans and a light brown hooded top with the hood up.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 5 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 6 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 7 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot
The staff member was not injured in the robbery but police said she had been left “extremely shaken”.
Anyone with information should call Pc Ben Hudson at Ipswich CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.