Arrest made after 70-year-old man attacked at his home in Wilberforce Street, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A 70-year-old man is fighting for his life after he was attacked at his Ipswich home.
Police were called to an address in Wilberforce Street at around 10.15am on Friday after the man was found on the floor with head and facial injuries.
A 31-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of GBH/wounding in connection with the attack.
The victim was taken to Ipswich hospital where he remains in a critical but stable condition.
It is understood that the victim and the suspect were known to each other.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect, from Ipswich, was arrested on suspicion of GBH later on Friday and has now been bailed to return to police on April 4 pending further enquiries.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokeswoman said: “It’s thought the assault happened in the early hours of Friday and police are asking anyone who may have seen or heard anything suspicious in the area between midnight and 10.15am to come forward.”
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 4 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 5 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 7 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 8 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
If you can help contact police on 101 quoting crime number 13603/16.