Arrest made in police investigation of six Pinewood burglaries in January
Police have arrested a man from Colchester in connection with a string of burglaries across Suffolk and north Essex.
The 23-year-old man was detained by Suffolk police officers on Wednesday, February 1, having been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to burgle.
Among the burglaries he was arrested for were six which took place in the Pinewood area of Ipswich on Tuesday, January 3, in Grayling Road, Cinnabar Close, Brimstone Road, Yew Tree Rise and two in Quilter Drive.
The man was taken to Martlesham police investigation centre for questioning, before being bailed until March 24 while enquiries are ongoing.
Officers believe the six burglaries may be linked, with cash and jewellery among the items stolen from the properties.
Police issued safety advice following the incidents urging people to hide valuables, make sure doors are locked and having lights on timers or keeping a radio on to create the illusion of a presence at home.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information can call police on 101.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 6 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 7 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 10 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high