Arrests after motorway gun seizure
A MAN has been arrested in Suffolk today following a motorway guns bust.Three men were arrested and firearms seized after armed officers stopped a car at a busy motorway junction in rush hour traffic.
A MAN has been arrested in Suffolk today following a motorway guns bust.
Three men were arrested and firearms seized after armed officers stopped a car at a busy motorway junction in rush hour traffic.
Officers from the National Crime Squad arrested one of the men at the scene and recovered ten Glock pistols from the car boot at junction seven of the M11 near Harlow, Essex.
Another man was arrested near the scene while the third was detained at an address in Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman from the NCS was unable to confirm exactly where in Suffolk the man had been detained.
She was also unable to confirm whether the pistols were loaded or what models they were.
- 1 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 2 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 3 Person taken to hospital after collision in Sainsbury's car park in Ipswich
- 4 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 5 New special school planned for former BT site
- 6 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
- 7 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 8 Men sentenced for 'vicious' attack in Ipswich churchyard
- 9 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 10 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
All three men were currently being held in custody for questioning, she said.
Motorists suffered severe delays near junction seven of the motorway as a result of the incident, which began at about 8.30am.
An AA Roadwatch spokesman said the A414 from Harlow to the M11 was badly affected with long tailbacks.