Arrests after motorway gun seizure
A MAN has been arrested in Suffolk today following a motorway guns bust.Three men were arrested and firearms seized after armed officers stopped a car at a busy motorway junction in rush hour traffic.
A MAN has been arrested in Suffolk today following a motorway guns bust.
Three men were arrested and firearms seized after armed officers stopped a car at a busy motorway junction in rush hour traffic.
Officers from the National Crime Squad arrested one of the men at the scene and recovered ten Glock pistols from the car boot at junction seven of the M11 near Harlow, Essex.
Another man was arrested near the scene while the third was detained at an address in Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman from the NCS was unable to confirm exactly where in Suffolk the man had been detained.
She was also unable to confirm whether the pistols were loaded or what models they were.
- 1 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 2 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
- 3 Car ends up on side after crash involving parked car
- 4 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 5 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 6 Vandals strike at beautiful stately home near Ipswich during restoration
- 7 Pub owner on how 'amazing' community support helped venue survive
- 8 Meet the Ipswich 18-year-old who is now one of UK's youngest politicians
- 9 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 10 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
All three men were currently being held in custody for questioning, she said.
Motorists suffered severe delays near junction seven of the motorway as a result of the incident, which began at about 8.30am.
An AA Roadwatch spokesman said the A414 from Harlow to the M11 was badly affected with long tailbacks.