Arson blamed as two children die
TWO young children have died in a “suspicious” house fire, police said today.
Derbyshire Police and the county’s fire and rescue service were called to Edale Way in Buxton just after 11.45pm last night.
A police spokesman said a woman and a child escaped from a first floor window, but two young children were confirmed as having died in the fire.
He said a joint police and fire service investigation had been launched and the fire was being treated as suspicious.
Assistant Chief Constable Steve Cotterill said: “My thoughts at this time are with the victims of the tragedy and their families.
You may also want to watch:
“Our investigation into the cause of this fire will continue together with the Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service to determine how it started.’’
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 4 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 5 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 8 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 9 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot