Arson probe after motorbike fire
IPSWICH: Police are today investigating after a stolen motorbike was found on fire on a sports court.The red and blue Yamaha was taken from Kitchener Road.
IPSWICH: Police are today investigating after a stolen motorbike was found on fire on a sports court.
The red and blue Yamaha was taken from Kitchener Road between 11.30pm on Tuesday and 8am the next day.
It re-emerged in flames near a play area in Marlow Road late at night on Thursday.
Firefighters were called at around 10.30pm to tackle the blaze.
Police could not confirm whether they were treating the fire as suspicious but a spokeswoman said they were investigating the theft.
The incident came as the police launched a crackdown on yobs in the Whitehouse area, which has been made the subject of a dispersal order for six months.
- 1 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 2 Train services in Suffolk cancelled after horses escape onto tracks
- 3 Plans for flats in former Ipswich pub progress
- 4 'Quietly confident' - Felixstowe Indian restaurant goes alcohol-free
- 5 Man turned up naked on woman's doorstep after Euros Final
- 6 Lane on A14 reopens after severe delays on Orwell Bridge
- 7 Man found dead as police and fire service called to Ipswich home
- 8 Busy Ipswich road reopens after small sinkhole is repaired
- 9 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 10 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
The order aims to combat persistent anti-social behaviour and gives the police power to disperse unruly groups.
Anyone with information should call Suffolk police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.