Arson suspect in hotel fire
NEARLY 50 guests staying at the Ufford Park Hotel were evacuated in the early hours of today after a suspicious fire in the changing rooms.The fire took hold at around 4.
NEARLY 50 guests staying at the Ufford Park Hotel were evacuated in the early hours of today after a suspicious fire in the changing rooms.
The fire took hold at around 4.30am and damaged a noticeboard and some ceiling tiles in the men's changing rooms of the hotel.
The flames, which instantly set off fire alarms throughout the building, were put out with a fire extinguisher before fire crews arrived by deputy manager Linda Payne.
Phil Davis, duty manager of the hotel, said there would not normally be anyone in the changing rooms at the time of the fire and it is thought to have been started deliberately.
You may also want to watch:
He praised the quick-thinking of his deputy manager and said: "Having a fire is everyone's worst nightmare but all of our staff are trained in dealing with them."
Fire crews from Woodbridge and Framlingham attended the blaze and ventilated the building, which was heavily smoke logged.
- 1 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 2 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 3 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 4 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 5 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 6 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 7 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 8 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 9 3 new eateries for you to try as Covid rules ease
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge