Arsonists keep fire crews busy
FIREFIGHTERS have been called to a spate of blazes in Suffolk this weekend.A crew from Ipswich was sent to a car fire at Bourne Park, off Stoke Park Drive, just before 2.30am today.
FIREFIGHTERS have been called to a spate of arson attacks in Suffolk this weekend.
A crew from Ipswich was sent to a car fire at Bourne Park, off Stoke Park Drive, just before 2.20am today. Firefighters believe the blaze was started deliberately
Three hours earlier two appliances from Hadleigh and Princes Street in Ipswich were despatched to another arson in Woodgate Road, East Bergholt where a blaze engulfed two garages.
Three vehicles were in the garages at the time.
Elsewhere another crew put out a car arson in Ipswich Road, Westerfield, after a blaze broke out around 10.05pm.
Shortly before 9pm yesterday firefighters put out a fire in a willow tree trunk in Turkey Hall Lane, Bacton.
- 1 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 2 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 3 Man denies stealing £1,275 from charity
- 4 Ipswich families unable to heat mouldy homes get action from landlord
- 5 21 massive acts coming to Ipswich this year
- 6 House of Tweed leaves Ipswich after Christmas season
- 7 Inside Shrubland Hall: The James Bond mansion with no licence to wed
- 8 Matchday Recap: Town beaten 2-0 at Bolton
- 9 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
- 10 Drunk driver travelled up A14 slip road the wrong way
At 1.45pm yesterday firefighters were called after a car caught alight in High Road, Trimley St Martin. The fire, which is not being treated as suspicious, then spread to two other vehicles.