Arsonists strike at children's play area
ARSONISTS set two cars alight on a children's playground in an area plagued by vandals and joy riders.In this latest attack two cars were set on fire in Recreation Way, Ipswich, within one and a half hours of each other early today.
ARSONISTS set two cars alight on a children's playground in an area plagued by vandals and joy riders.
In this latest attack two cars were set on fire in Recreation Way, Ipswich, within one and a half hours of each other early today.
Fire fighters were called to douse the flames at 2.05 am and 3.35 am.
A fire service spokeswoman said: "The fires are being treated as suspicious."
You may also want to watch:
One resident who has lives in nearby Packard Avenue for 36 years, who didn't want to be named, said: "There is so much disturbance up here and a lot of problems.
"I think all this started in 2000 and it has just got worse and worse. I don't really notice the cars being burned out there but I hear people comment on the vandalism.
- 1 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 2 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 3 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 4 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 5 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 6 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition
- 7 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 8 35 pictures from Ipswich Town's friendly clash with Palace
- 9 New special school planned for former BT site
- 10 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
"The young people today are really useless."
An 81-year-old, who also asked not to be named, said: "It has been going on for months.
"It's hard to say how frequently it happens, but there's probably one or two cars burned out a week.
"The kids are terrible here. They've also been vandalising the telephone kiosk nearby."
Crews also doused a blazing car in Raeburn Road South, Ipswich, early this morning.
N Have you encountered problems with vandalism and joyriders. If so write to Letters Page, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or email firstname.lastname@example.org.