Arsonists strike at children's play area
ARSONISTS set two cars alight on a children's playground in an area plagued by vandals and joy riders.In this latest attack two cars were set on fire in Recreation Way, Ipswich, within one and a half hours of each other early today.
ARSONISTS set two cars alight on a children's playground in an area plagued by vandals and joy riders.
In this latest attack two cars were set on fire in Recreation Way, Ipswich, within one and a half hours of each other early today.
Fire fighters were called to douse the flames at 2.05 am and 3.35 am.
A fire service spokeswoman said: "The fires are being treated as suspicious."
One resident who has lives in nearby Packard Avenue for 36 years, who didn't want to be named, said: "There is so much disturbance up here and a lot of problems.
"I think all this started in 2000 and it has just got worse and worse. I don't really notice the cars being burned out there but I hear people comment on the vandalism.
- 1 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
- 2 Family's Christmas lights tribute to Jessica, 28, who died after giving birth
- 3 Will 'traditional' new homes at Ipswich Garden Suburb soon be obsolete?
- 4 Snow falls over Suffolk and more sub-zero temperatures to come
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 7 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 8 Drunk woman attacked former partner with knife
- 9 Surprise snowglobe gift leaves Harvey, 4, 'over the moon'
- 10 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
"The young people today are really useless."
An 81-year-old, who also asked not to be named, said: "It has been going on for months.
"It's hard to say how frequently it happens, but there's probably one or two cars burned out a week.
"The kids are terrible here. They've also been vandalising the telephone kiosk nearby."
Crews also doused a blazing car in Raeburn Road South, Ipswich, early this morning.
N Have you encountered problems with vandalism and joyriders. If so write to Letters Page, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or email firstname.lastname@example.org.