Talented students to hold free one-day art exhibition at One Sxith Form College
- Credit: Archant
The event will be held at One Sixth Form College between 4-8pm on Thursday, June 28.
Those attending will be able to see art, fine art, graphics, print and textile designs. A fashion show, live music and an awards ceremony will also take place.
Emma Connolly, course co-ordinator for the level four art foundation course, said: “An independent moderator came to see us and they said that our students aren’t scared to explore new ways of working and they make work with well purpose. Every single person on my specific course will be progressing onto degree programmes and art courses at places in London, Brighton and Cambridge, therefore this event will be a chance for the public to see the next generation of top artists here in Ipswich, before they go away and make a name for themselves elsewhere.”
One of the artists whose work will be on display is Becky Harrison, 19, from Stowmarket. She is going to Falmouth to study creative advertising and she recently created a logo for a domestic abuse charity in Ipswich called Open Up.
Inspired by this project, she created a mock campaign for the organisation called Women’s Aid.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I wanted to create a campaign based on domestic abuse centred around the idea of the happy family – so I decided to use family games like Cluedo and Monopoly as the backdrop to my work.”
Other exhibits will include efforts from Olly Simpson, 19, who lives near Snape. He is off to the London College of Fashion in September and created a range of clothes using recycled fabrics from plastic bottles. And Jess Blake, also 19, from Ipswich will be showing magical designs based around Tarot cards before she heads off to the Cambridge School of Visual Performing Arts in the autumn to start a degree programme in which she has gained a scholarship.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 7 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 8 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 9 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 10 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate