Arty Easter activities in store at Ipswich Museums
- Credit: Archant
Budding artists can enjoy a range of Easter activities at Ipswich Museums in the school holidays.
The fortnight of fun events runs from April 3-12. At Ipswich Museum, Butterfly Printing on April 3 will offer the chance to explore the museum’s butterfly collection and create patterns. Fashion Forward on April 10 will delve into the world of African design, with children trying their hands at block pattern printing.
At Ipswich Art Gallery, Stencil Your Street on April 4 and Arty Selfies on April 11 both take inspiration from the You Are Here! The Making of Ipswich exhibition. Children will build their own street scenes, by stencilling favourite buildings from Ipswich, and use drawing and printing techniques to create artistic Ipswich selfies.
Christchurch Mansion will host Totally Toys on April 5, with children using the vintage toy collection at the Mansion to sketch, design and create monoprints of their own fantastic toys.
Then, on April 12, Ghost Prints will be an opportunity to create a printed portrait inspired by the Mansion’s paintings and find out what mono ghost printing is.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a free Ask the Expert day at Ipswich Museum on April 11, offering the chance to quiz specialists about your treasured items. Have you ever found something interesting and wondered what it might be? Bring in your own treasured items, share your stories about them and ask questions. Collect your fossils, rocks, bones, teeth and small bugs, if well-contained. Just drop in, with no need to book.
There are two sessions a day, and all Arty Easter events can be booked through the Regent website.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich