Ashbocking: Five statues taken during nursery raid
ASHBOCKING: Staff at a newly-opened garden centre are today saddened and shocked after thieves broke into the site and stole five large stone statues.
Ashbocking Nurseries opened on April and already they have fallen victim to thieves.Owner Janette Wallis, 43, was disheartened when she realised the statues were missing last week.
Five statues were pinched, including a horse, duck, squirrel, kingfisher and a large boot.
Mrs Wallis and her husband moved to Suffolk from Dagenham, Essex, to re-open the business in the tranquil countryside.
She said: “The fact that we have only been open a few weeks and this has happened has really left me feeling quite down about it all.
You may also want to watch:
“I moved here thinking that things like this wouldn’t happen, but I’ve been quite shocked. We have worked really hard to bring the nursery back up to scratch, so to have this happen was shocking.”
The five large white statues are believed to have been stolen from the property between 6pm on Tuesday and 8am on Wednesday.
- 1 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 7 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
Police say that it would have taken at least two people to lift the items, which were all described as being heavy objects. It is thought a large van would have been needed to move them.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Wright on 01473 613500.
n Has your business been affected by theft? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail email@example.com