Ashbocking: Five statues taken during nursery raid
ASHBOCKING: Staff at a newly-opened garden centre are today saddened and shocked after thieves broke into the site and stole five large stone statues.
Ashbocking Nurseries opened on April and already they have fallen victim to thieves.Owner Janette Wallis, 43, was disheartened when she realised the statues were missing last week.
Five statues were pinched, including a horse, duck, squirrel, kingfisher and a large boot.
Mrs Wallis and her husband moved to Suffolk from Dagenham, Essex, to re-open the business in the tranquil countryside.
She said: “The fact that we have only been open a few weeks and this has happened has really left me feeling quite down about it all.
“I moved here thinking that things like this wouldn’t happen, but I’ve been quite shocked. We have worked really hard to bring the nursery back up to scratch, so to have this happen was shocking.”
The five large white statues are believed to have been stolen from the property between 6pm on Tuesday and 8am on Wednesday.
- 1 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 2 Revealed: The top serious crash hotspots in Ipswich
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 5 Man was allegedly battered to death in Ipswich guest house, jury hears
- 6 Planning application for new Taco Bell in Ipswich expected 'imminently'
- 7 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 8 Did you stop for a pint in one of these Foxhall Road pubs?
- 9 Neighbours raised alarm after man not seen for several days
- 10 Huge response to plans for new Ipswich medical centre
Police say that it would have taken at least two people to lift the items, which were all described as being heavy objects. It is thought a large van would have been needed to move them.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Wright on 01473 613500.
n Has your business been affected by theft? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail email@example.com