Aspiring director shortlisted for award
AN aspiring 25-year-old director is thrilled to have been shortlisted to represent East Anglia in a BAFTA competition.Kate Morton, from Old Newton, near Stowmarket, is among the final five vying to go forward from the region to the national stage of the competition.
AN aspiring 25-year-old director is thrilled to have been shortlisted to represent East Anglia in a BAFTA competition.
Kate Morton, from Old Newton, near Stowmarket, is among the final five vying to go forward from the region to the national stage of the competition.
Miss Morton, a graduate who studied media and video production in London, said: “BAFTA set up the competition to allow people to make a 60 second film with the theme being celebration.
“It is open to anyone aged over 16 and you do not need to have any experience, although I do work in the industry as a production manager and assist directing with my London employers, working on corporate videos and events.
“It's really exciting, it gives you a huge boost to your confidence, and I would like to go on to direct music videos.”
Miss Morton's film “Bicycle”, which stars her two brothers and her mother around the village, tells the story of a young lad receiving a bicycle for his birthday.
- 1 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 2 Application submitted for new store in Ipswich
- 3 'My darling boy' - Mum's tribute to six-month-old baby who died after crash
- 4 Ipswich man and Cadillac films with The Only Way Is Essex
- 5 Ipswich man who abandoned Land Rover on train tracks convicted
- 6 'Tit for tat' attacks driven by gang members vying for position, police say
- 7 60 year old family business enters third generation
- 8 Matchday Recap: How Town's 1-0 win at Burton unfolded
- 9 Seven arrested after two incidents involving knives in Ipswich
- 10 Six arrested following two incidents involving knives in Ipswich
During the 60 seconds he passes objects that spell out celebration, including BR from a street sign and an E from a shaped fence post.