Attempted mugging in Ipswich
DETECTIVES are appealing for a couple in their 20's to come forward after a woman was subjected to an attempted mugging.The incident happened at 2.10pm on Saturday when two women approached an 18-year-old woman as she walked in to town along Wherstead Road.
DETECTIVES are appealing for a couple in their 20's to come forward after a woman was subjected to an attempted mugging.
The incident happened at 2.10pm on Saturday when two women approached an 18-year-old woman as she walked in to town along Wherstead Road.
One of the women asked the victim for money, which she refused. The offender then took hold of the victim's arm and tried to pull her handbag off her shoulder. As they struggled, the offender threatened to harm her.
At this point, a couple in their 20s came along the pavement and the victim managed to break free and ask the couple for help.
You may also want to watch:
The offenders then walked off. They are described as black, aged between 18 and 20-years-old, and are both around 5ft 3ins. One had short, straight hair, one wore faded jeans and both wore trainers.
Anyone with any information should call Dc Ewan MacGreggor at Ipswich CID on 01473 383133 or Crime Stoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 4 NHS confirms new Ipswich 'super-surgery' should open in 2024
- 5 'The village already can't cope' - Concerns over 114-home plan
- 6 Kesgrave shooting: Teen who tried to kill friend set to be sentenced
- 7 Town centre delays following accident
- 8 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 9 'Extra-cautionary' Covid measures reintroduced at Kesgrave High
- 10 Rick Wakeman joins Ipswich Hospital Band as Patron