Attila the Stockbroker is back in town
SHARP tongued radical poet Attila The Stockbroker is making a welcome return to Ipswich at the weekend.Less than a year since he wowed a capacity crowd at the Steamboat Tavern, the star is returning for another performance at the New Cut West venue.
SHARP tongued radical poet Attila The Stockbroker is making a welcome return to Ipswich at the weekend.
Less than a year since he wowed a capacity crowd at the Steamboat Tavern, the star is returning for another performance at the New Cut West venue.
Attila is renowned for his performance poetry, verses, rants, songs, instrumentals and stories. They cover a myriad of emotions and stories about human life – anger, love, political satire and downright silliness.
He has been performing all over the world for more two decades at literary and music festivals, rock venues, arts centres, pubs, universities, schools, folk clubs, punk squats and even a hotel basement in Stalinist Albania.
He has also battled for years to save his beloved Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club, where he is currently poet in residence and match-day PA announcer. His is the voice reading poetry over the tannoy before home matches.
As well as his solo work and performances, however, Attila also keeps himself busy playing violin, bass guitar and a variety of early musical instruments, and occasional gigs, with his band Barnstormer. He brings them to Ipswich with him for his gig on Saturday night.
- 1 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 4 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 6 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 7 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 8 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 9 Care home worker may be jailed after using resident's bank card
- 10 Festive shoppers brave the cold for Christmas street market in Ipswich
As well as his live performances, Attila has two solo CDs currently on release – Poems Ancient and Modern, his definitive spoken word release, and The Pen and The Sword, which documents his best songs up until the formation of Barnstormer.
On top of this he has published three books of poetry and written for many national publications.
And if all this was not enough, Attila is also on the militant fringe of the Campaign for Real Ale, co-organising independent beer festivals. As a result, he is sponsored by a local small independent brewery.
Attila The Stockbroker and Barnstormer will be at the Steamboat Tavern on Saturday, courtesy of the Blank Generation Collective.
Admission is £4 (£3 concessions) and tickets are on sale now at the New Cut West pub and Out of Time Records.