Ipswich town centre road closed for emergency repairs
Part of a town centre road has been closed for the majority of a day so that emergency repairs can be carried out.
Suffolk Highways, which looks after the majority of the county’s road and pavement network, will close a section of Austin Street, close to Ipswich Waterfront, on Monday, April 8.
It will be closed between 9am and 4pm on the day.
Suffolk Highways Tweeted a map of the area and encouraged people follow the signposted diversion route, which includes Wherstead Road, Station Street and Rectory Road.
Suffolk Highways is responsible for the maintenance of roads and pavements in the county.
You may also want to watch:
This includes fixing potholes, as well as planning works like resurfacing and other improvement schemes.
The organisation gives a greater priority to the repair of roads that carry higher numbers of vehicles, with the most critical roads being fixed in two hours if they are seen to have defects.
- 1 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 2 Man left with three broken ribs after assault by group of men in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Ipswich man wanted for theft and fraud offences
- 4 Boss blames furlough scheme for hiring woes
- 5 'Very traumatic' – Catalytic converter thieves threaten family
- 6 Woman thought partner was going to kill her during row, court hears
- 7 Ipswich man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 8 Ipswich has lowest Covid-19 rate in England, new figures show
- 9 Injured cyclist 'stable' in hospital after Ipswich road collision
- 10 Ipswich newsagents has licence revoked over sales of super-strength lager