Author Lauren James shares expertise with Ipswich High School pupils
- Credit: Archant
A popular young adult novelist shared her expertise and advice with Ipswich High School pupils last week during a special visit.
Lauren James, author of the Next Together series, stopped by at the school on Friday as part of her book signing tour, where she gave a talk on writing tips, characterisation, genre fiction, fan fiction, and the arts and sciences.
The youngsters then enjoyed a book signing with the British author.
The 25-year-old is also a passionate advocate for getting girls into STEM (science, technology, engineering and maths) subjects.
Wendy Offord, learning resource centre manager at the school said: “We have had a truly inspirational morning with YA, STEM-linked author, Lauren James.
You may also want to watch:
“The pupils are buzzing with enthusiasm following her talk and are already busily reading the books that they have had signed and hand embossed by Lauren.”
- 1 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 2 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 3 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 4 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 5 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 6 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 7 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 8 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 9 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff