Award for caring centre
A SUFFOLK hospital caring for the elderly has been given a prestigious ward for the care it offers.Sanderling Day Centre, at Aldeburgh Hospital, was granted the Charter Mark award which recognises excellence in public service.
A SUFFOLK hospital caring for the elderly has been given a prestigious ward for the care it offers.
Sanderling Day Centre, at Aldeburgh Hospital, was granted the Charter Mark award which recognises excellence in public service.
Those using the day centre are given physiotherapy and occupational therapy as well as getting the chance to meet other people.
The services are aimed at elderly people who might live on their own and feel isolated or to give carers a break.
Pat Hollingsworth, manager of the hospital was quick to praise the staff for the award.
She said: "I am proud of the service that we provide to our local community, and I know that the staff working in the Sanderling Day Centre feel the same way."
- 1 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 2 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 3 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 4 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 5 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 8 Court to decide how much swindler should repay customers
- 9 'Really lovely and easy to talk to' - Tributes to passionate beekeeper Alan
- 10 Orwell Bridge reduced speed limit 'likely' as Storm Barra hits Suffolk