Award for caring centre
A SUFFOLK hospital caring for the elderly has been given a prestigious ward for the care it offers.Sanderling Day Centre, at Aldeburgh Hospital, was granted the Charter Mark award which recognises excellence in public service.
A SUFFOLK hospital caring for the elderly has been given a prestigious ward for the care it offers.
Sanderling Day Centre, at Aldeburgh Hospital, was granted the Charter Mark award which recognises excellence in public service.
Those using the day centre are given physiotherapy and occupational therapy as well as getting the chance to meet other people.
The services are aimed at elderly people who might live on their own and feel isolated or to give carers a break.
You may also want to watch:
Pat Hollingsworth, manager of the hospital was quick to praise the staff for the award.
She said: "I am proud of the service that we provide to our local community, and I know that the staff working in the Sanderling Day Centre feel the same way."
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 4 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 5 'Gutted' Ipswich burger van man loses everything in fire devastation
- 6 New Starbucks drive thru set to open in Ipswich
- 7 Man charged with assault after police officer punched in the face
- 8 Suspect in Victoria Hall murder case still being questioned by police
- 9 Get lost in two sunflower mazes at this Suffolk farm
- 10 Go-ahead secured for new hotel near Ipswich Town ground