Award for caring centre
A SUFFOLK hospital caring for the elderly has been given a prestigious ward for the care it offers.Sanderling Day Centre, at Aldeburgh Hospital, was granted the Charter Mark award which recognises excellence in public service.
A SUFFOLK hospital caring for the elderly has been given a prestigious ward for the care it offers.
Sanderling Day Centre, at Aldeburgh Hospital, was granted the Charter Mark award which recognises excellence in public service.
Those using the day centre are given physiotherapy and occupational therapy as well as getting the chance to meet other people.
The services are aimed at elderly people who might live on their own and feel isolated or to give carers a break.
You may also want to watch:
Pat Hollingsworth, manager of the hospital was quick to praise the staff for the award.
She said: "I am proud of the service that we provide to our local community, and I know that the staff working in the Sanderling Day Centre feel the same way."
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 5 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 6 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
- 7 Kesgrave Kitchen praised by local MP after 'fantastic' transformation
- 8 Man accused of burgling GP surgeries and pharmacy appears in court
- 9 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 10 Stroke survivor cut off from family in lockdown returns home