Award for Old Felixstowe post office
OLD Felixstowe post office has today been voted the best town and city branch in the south east - for the third year running.The team at the branch, which is in the Spar shop in High Road East, now go forward to a national awards ceremony held in London on November 16, where they will be in the running for the title of the UK's best post office branch.
OLD Felixstowe Post Office has today been voted the best town and city branch in the south east - for the third year running.
The team at the branch, which is in the Spar shop in High Road East, now go forward to a national awards ceremony held in London on November 16, where they will be in the running for the title of the UK's best post office branch.
In 2005 Old Felixstowe came top in the customer services award category, following its success the previous year in being voted best multiple Post Office branch in the London and South East of England region.
Against a backdrop of many sub post offices having to close because of funding, the Best Post Office Awards aim to recognise the hard work and community spirit of people working in the branches.
You may also want to watch:
There are prizes for the best rural, town and city, and directly managed branches and also three special award categories for subpostmasters and their teams who do “that little bit extra” to offer customers a great service.
The Old Felixstowe branch is managed by David Marter with a team of three counter assistants.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 4 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 9 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 10 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers
A Post Office spokesperson said: “Post Office branches are at the heart of communities across the south east.
“The 2006 Best Post Office branch awards are an opportunity for customers to tell us which branches are the very best - more than 350 votes were received from customers for the Old Felixstowe branch.
“It is also an opportunity for us to reward the people who give that bit more and make their Post Office branch a great place for customers to visit.
“This branch attained excellent scores overall, is neat, clean and has a professional appearance, with very good waiting times. A third consecutive win shows their continuing commitment to excellence and dedication to providing the best customer service.”