Award is music to the ears of actors
MEMBERS of an Ipswich theatre group are today celebrating after winning an award for their last show - Sounds Familiar.Performed at Felixstowe's Spa Pavilion last October, the show was produced by the Ipswich Operatic and Dramatic Society's (IODS).
MEMBERS of an Ipswich theatre group are today celebrating after winning an award for their last show - Sounds Familiar.
Performed at Felixstowe's Spa Pavilion last October, the show was produced by the Ipswich Operatic and Dramatic Society's (IODS).
The news comes as the society prepares to perform its next show - The Producers - due to be performed later this year.
Directed by Simon Bowen, Sounds Familiar included songs from musicals, rock and pop numbers, dance routines and sketches performed by a cast of 40.
You may also want to watch:
The show won the Best Musical of 2008 in the district category awarded by the National Operatic and Dramatic Association (NODA). Sounds Familiar was also named Best Production in the district.
Mr Bowen said: "I am delighted the society has been honoured by NODA. Sounds Familiar was a lot of fun and a lot of work from everyone involved.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- 4 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 5 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 6 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 7 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 8 It's coming home! Fans across Suffolk celebrate England's win
- 9 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
"The cast and crew were fantastic and they deserve this recognition for their dedication and commitment to putting on such a great production."
The society is now in contention for NODA's Smart Cup - the regional award for best production.
Sounds Familiar is a regular production in the IODS calendar. It was started in 1979 by IODS member John White and the 2008 was the 25th presentation of the show.
The Producers will be performed at Ipswich's Regent Theatre from June 17 to 20 and is directed by James Hayward.