Award-winning author inspires students at Claydon High School
A best-selling children’s author visited students at Claydon High School on Friday to inspire the next generation of budding writers.
Cathy Cassidy, who has twice won the prestigious ‘Queen of Teen’ book award, spoke to girls from year 7 and 8, as well as pupils from years 5 and 6 from Claydon Primary School, about her love of writing.
Christine Leggett, learning resource centre manger, said the students were thrilled by her visit.
She said: “We regularly invite authors to the school to give presentations and hold workshops for different year groups .
“These visits prove to be extremely rewarding for all involved and are a great way to enthuse students about reading and writing.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “She spoke about how her readers inspire her and that she has many requests from them to be included in a story”
Cathy stayed long after her talk to sign copies of her new book Broken Heart Club.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 6 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast