Axa staff go wild
STAFF at Ipswich insurance giants AXA got wild for a day - helping with a series of projects at a countryside education centre.The dozen employees were taking part in the Hearts in Action Challenge at the Suffolk Wildlife Trust's Foxburrow Farm centre at Melton.
By Richard Cornwell
STAFF at Ipswich insurance giants AXA got wild for a day - helping with a series of projects at a countryside education centre.
The dozen employees were taking part in the Hearts in Action Challenge at the Suffolk Wildlife Trust's Foxburrow Farm centre at Melton.
It was a full day for those taking part - with a lot of hard work done and a lot of fun being had in the outdoors.
Tasks in the morning included working in the Tree Nursery Meadow with tasks including helping to restore the Saxon village by building a round house, constructing a wood store and cutting back brambles around fences.
Others took part in meadow management - cutting banks, mulching a path and young hazel trees, lopping brambles, widening paths and making new log circles and setting out the old logs to create habitats for insects.
- 1 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 2 Kesgrave family move home to cope with 'crippling' cost of living
- 3 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 4 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 5 10,000 listeners tune in to new Suffolk radio station
- 6 'It's very frustrating': Anger as £150 stolen from charity shop in Felixstowe
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Ipswich cannabis dealer avoids immediate jail sentence
- 9 Delays on A14 after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Soldier headbutted police officer after being caught drink driving
After a pub lunch, the group moved on to the orchard to take out the old pond platform, cut back more brambles and re lay another log circle.
The final part of the day was spent in the community wood, cutting more summer growth of brambles and also cutting paths.
Is your company taking part in community work? Contact the newsdesk on 01473 324788.