Man in hospital after being struck by his own truck
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Police are appealing for witnesses to a road crash which left two men in hospital with broken bones - one of whom was struck by his own vehicle.
The collision happened on the B1113 Stowmarket Road, in Badley, near Needham Market, at about 1.05pm on Wednesday.
A silver Toyota collided with a tipper truck near the Stowmarket business park, where the road changes from dual to single carriageway.
The driver of the truck, a man in his 70s, was out of the vehicle at the time of impact, but was struck by his own vehicle and sustained serious leg injuries.
A man in his 60s was cut free from the Toyota and taken to Ipswich Hospital with injuries including fractured ribs.
Any witnesses, including anyone driving in the area at the time with a dashcam fitted in their vehicle, should call the roads and armed policing team on 101, quoting reference CAD 139 of March 3.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 6 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food spots around Ipswich
- 7 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 8 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 9 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 10 Ipswich man found with indecent images of children is facing jail