Bail appeal hearing for pair accused of Ipswich kidnap and attempted rape is adjourned
- Credit: Archant
An appeal against a decision to release two men accused of kidnapping and attempting to rape a woman in Ipswich last month has been adjourned until Wednesday.
George-Hari Constantinescu and Danut Gheorghe, both 29 and from the Woodbridge area, appeared in court earlier this week.
Ipswich magistrates released the pair on conditional bail lollowing an application by their solicitor.
The prosecution immediately announced its intention to appeal the decision and the matter was due to be considered by Judge Rupert Overbury at Ipswich Crown Court on Wednesday this week.
However the judge adjourned the hearing until today (Friday) when he further adjourned the case until next week.
You may also want to watch:
The men have been remanded in custody.
Following the bail appeal hearing the next hearing of the case will be at Ipswich Crown Court on April 3.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 4 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 6 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 7 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 8 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 9 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 10 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
The woman was allegedly assaulted on February 25 while crossing Grimwade Street and forced into a nearby car park.