Band prepare for biggest gig of career
A band influenced by Kings of Leon is today preparing to take to the stage for the final of the lovemusic24.co.uk Battle of the Bands contest.
SUFFOLK: A band influenced by Kings of Leon is today preparing to take to the stage for the final of the lovemusic24.co.uk Battle of the Bands contest.
Chris Athorne, Mark Willis, Rob Lait and Lee Wilkins brought together their musical experiences just over a year ago to create This Boy Wonders.
Based in Boxford, the folk/indie band also cite the Red Hot Chilli Peppers and The Beatles as being big influences on their music.
Rhythm guitarist Lee Wilkins, who also works as a fireman, said: “It's amazing that we have got into the final, we're over the moon about it.
You may also want to watch:
“We never expected to get this far in the contest and because we've never done anything like this before it's a really big deal for us all - we're just so stoked about it.”
Guitarist Lee said originally there were only two members of the band, who performed acoustic gigs with a desire to expand into a group.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 8 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 9 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 10 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
The foursome are preparing for the final, which will be one of the biggest performance of their careers so far, by practising some new material for the show.
The other Battle of The Bands finalists are Fagan, Playing With Fire, Echoes Fall and This Sudden Injury.
The acts will go head-to-head on Saturday in the final at the Circle Lounge of The Regent.
Tickets cost �5 and are available from www.wegottickets.com/event/61555?user=tickets