Bands on the rock in Felixstowe!
After rocking Felixstowe's seafront theatre, the first bands aiming to be the area's top group have reached the final - but there are still places up for grabs.
SUFFOLK COASTAL: After rocking Felixstowe's seafront theatre, the first bands aiming to be the area's top group have reached the final - but there are still places up for grabs.
Woodbridge-based Clay took first place in the first heat of the Soundwaves Ultimate Bands Contest, with Fick as Fieves in second and Felixstowe band Silk and Steel in third, all gaining places in the final.
In the second heat, Robert Castellani, Stratosfire and Crab Meat Moon all got through.
Organisers say this year's competition is shaping up to be the best yet with an exceptionally high standard on display on stage at the Spa Pavilion.
“Local musical talent was out in force with some excellent performances,” said Suffolk Coastal cabinet member Mary Neale.
The third heat takes place on Saturday November 28 at the Spa.
- 1 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 2 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 3 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 4 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 5 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 6 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 9 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 10 Ukrainian family finally coming to Ipswich after eight-week visa struggle
Doors open at 6.45pm with the first band on stage at 7.15pm. Tickets are �7 on the door but are �6 in advance on 01394 282126.
There are still spaces for bands to compete. To enter bands and artists must be aged 11 to 26, have at least three original songs to their name and come from or have at least two members living in Suffolk Coastal.
Bands should call 07973 632576 to find out more.
The finalists will get to work in a recording studio, their songs appearing on the Sounds from the East Coast III compilation CD.
Are you a fan of the Suffolk music scene? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org