Bands on the rock in Felixstowe!
After rocking Felixstowe's seafront theatre, the first bands aiming to be the area's top group have reached the final - but there are still places up for grabs.
SUFFOLK COASTAL: After rocking Felixstowe's seafront theatre, the first bands aiming to be the area's top group have reached the final - but there are still places up for grabs.
Woodbridge-based Clay took first place in the first heat of the Soundwaves Ultimate Bands Contest, with Fick as Fieves in second and Felixstowe band Silk and Steel in third, all gaining places in the final.
In the second heat, Robert Castellani, Stratosfire and Crab Meat Moon all got through.
Organisers say this year's competition is shaping up to be the best yet with an exceptionally high standard on display on stage at the Spa Pavilion.
You may also want to watch:
“Local musical talent was out in force with some excellent performances,” said Suffolk Coastal cabinet member Mary Neale.
The third heat takes place on Saturday November 28 at the Spa.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 3 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 4 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 5 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 6 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 7 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
- 8 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 9 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
Doors open at 6.45pm with the first band on stage at 7.15pm. Tickets are �7 on the door but are �6 in advance on 01394 282126.
There are still spaces for bands to compete. To enter bands and artists must be aged 11 to 26, have at least three original songs to their name and come from or have at least two members living in Suffolk Coastal.
Bands should call 07973 632576 to find out more.
The finalists will get to work in a recording studio, their songs appearing on the Sounds from the East Coast III compilation CD.
Are you a fan of the Suffolk music scene? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org