Bankruptcy order against Melton man
FORMER pub landlord Richard Farley who was fined for setting fire to his wife's clothes has had a bankruptcy order made against him.The order against Mr Farley, of Clements Road, Melton, was made at Ipswich County Court and it has been made public by the Official Receiver in Ipswich.
FORMER pub landlord Richard Farley who was fined for setting fire to his wife's clothes has had a bankruptcy order made against him.
The order against Mr Farley, of Clements Road, Melton, was made at Ipswich County Court and it has been made public by the Official Receiver in Ipswich.
Mr Farley's had been involved with running the laundrette in the centre of the Thoroughfare, Woodbridge. It has now closed and has a phone number of the Official Receiver's office in Ipswich on the door for people to ring to make inquiries.
He appeared in court in July and admitted setting fire to the clothes and college coursework of his wife Michelle after she started divorce proceedings. He was fined £50 for the criminal damage and ordered to pay £50 compensation.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Farley spent many years as a landlord in the licensed trade in Woodbridge before he changed his career. He had spells at the Red Lion and the Cross Quays pubs in the Thoroughfare and Ye Olde Bell and Steelyard in New Street.
He has been unavailable for comment and the Official Receiver's office was unable to give out further information on the future of the laundrette.
- 1 Police find cannabis growing by the side of A14
- 2 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 5 Diesel trains from Ipswich to get fuel delivered by road
- 6 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 7 New River Church opens its doors on Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 Revealed: Waterfront flats to be wrapped in 'breathable' material while cladding replaced
- 9 Woman's bank cards used minutes after being stolen in supermarket car park
- 10 Ipswich student sets sights on UFC after binge-watching Rocky films