Who re-created this iconic Banksy image in an Ipswich street?
- Credit: Nyomi Jacobs
A re-creation of an iconic Banksy artwork has been highlighted amid speculation over whether the artist is behind a series of new pieces in East Anglia.
The image of a girl reaching out to a balloon was painted on the side of a house in the town's Kenyon Street.
Nyomi Jacobs recently saw it for the first time and said: "I was surprised to see it - it made me smile. I am a fan of Banksy and I think we need more art in our lives."
Miss Jacobs, who lives in Ipswich, said: "It may not be Banksy, but it is still refreshing to see art in the streets.
"I really like walking along the Waterfront in Ipswich because of the street art there - I think there should be more street art, for sure."
A series of possible Banksy pieces have appeared in Great Yarmouth, Gorleston, Lowestoft and Oulton Broad recently.
You may also want to watch:
Some believe the artworks are linked with the area's City of Culture 2025 bid, and there is a lot of speculation over which of the pieces are likely to be genuine. So far, none of them has appeared on the official Banksy Instagram page.
Another piece of street art in a Banksy-esque style previously appeared in Ipswich in September 2020.
The artwork, depicting a doctor looking up to a face mask which replicates a white flag, appeared on the side of a derelict office building near the Tacket Street NCP car park.
Seven originals by Banksy, including the famous Hula-Hooping Girl, are also currently on show at the Moments exhibition at Moyse's Hall Museum in Bury St Edmunds, which is running until September 30.
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 3 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 4 Norwich Road closed after crash near BMW garage
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 7 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 8 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 9 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 10 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke