Bargains on offer at hospital
THERE will be bargains galore at a clothes and accessories swap shop at Ipswich Hospital today. Maxillofacial nurse specialist Allison Weston and receptionist Alison Hines are organising the event to raise money for the hospital's cancer charities.
THERE will be bargains galore at a clothes and accessories swap shop at Ipswich Hospital today.
Maxillofacial nurse specialist Allison Weston and receptionist Alison Hines are organising the event to raise money for the hospital's cancer charities.
Miss Weston said she got the idea from TV programme Frock Exchange, hosted by former supermodel Twiggy.
“Visitors can bring good quality clothes, on hangers where possible, and accessories on the day and swap them for something else,” she said. “Everyone has items in their wardrobes they don't wear, whether they were impulse buys or things that no longer fit. We've had lots of donations already.”
Swappers will be asked to pay a �2 entrance fee and those who want to take part but have nothing to swap can pay a minimum donation of �1 for each item they take away.
It is also �1 minimum per item if people would like to take home more items than they bring in.
- 1 Travellers pitch up at park in Ipswich
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 4 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 5 Animal sex charges against Kesgrave vet dropped, but child images admitted
- 6 Teenage moped driver arrested in Ipswich after failing drug test
- 7 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 8 Jail for Ipswich man who stole £2,000 worth of goods from Suffolk stores
- 9 Food review, La Cueva, Ipswich: 'Delicious food... and sparkly cocktails!'
- 10 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
Cash and cheques made payable to The Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust will be accepted and there will be free parking car park J for people visiting the swap.
It is taking place today in the Main Lecture Theatre at the hospital's Postgraduate Centre, until 4pm.
To offer help or donations email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01473 703200.