Bart visits EACH to show thanks to Town fans’ fundraising efforts
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town shot-stopper Bartosz Bialkowski has visited the EACH Treehouse to show his thanks for ITFC fans’ fundraising efforts following the Polish keeper’s new deal at Portman Road.
Blues fans Richard Hibbert and Damian Anderson, both academy sponsors of the club, have been the driving force behind the fundraising campaign which has seen Town fans donate more than £4,000 to the children’s charity.
Mr Hibbert expressed his gratitude to all the Town fans who has helped raise the cash.
I would like to thank everyone for the terrific support,” he said.
“It has been an unbelievable achievement.”
Bart said he was overwhelmed by Town fans generosity.
“I was so happy to get the contract signed, it seems the fans are happy and their generosity they have shown to raise over £4,000 is amazing. EACH is a great charity and this money is going to a great cause.”
- 1 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 2 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 3 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 4 Parking woes for shop parade hit by 'continous roadworks'
- 5 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 6 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 7 Driver taken to hospital after car crashes into parked vehicle
- 8 Ipswich salon to offer free gent's haircut at Suffolk Show
- 9 List of 18 rejected proposals to save Felixstowe beach huts revealed
- 10 Fuel spillage causes delays on busy Ipswich road after truck breaks down
Bart has since donated signed gloves and merchandise as part of a prize giveaway to donators.
Graham Butland, EACH chief executive, said: “It was a wonderful gesture from Richard to organise a collection for us after Bart signed his new contract and it was equally wonderful to see how Town fans got behind the idea.
“Thank you, all. This is just another example of the strong link that exists between the players, staff and fans of Ipswich and all of us here at EACH.”