Bart visits EACH to show thanks to Town fans’ fundraising efforts
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town shot-stopper Bartosz Bialkowski has visited the EACH Treehouse to show his thanks for ITFC fans’ fundraising efforts following the Polish keeper’s new deal at Portman Road.
Blues fans Richard Hibbert and Damian Anderson, both academy sponsors of the club, have been the driving force behind the fundraising campaign which has seen Town fans donate more than £4,000 to the children’s charity.
Mr Hibbert expressed his gratitude to all the Town fans who has helped raise the cash.
I would like to thank everyone for the terrific support,” he said.
“It has been an unbelievable achievement.”
You may also want to watch:
Bart said he was overwhelmed by Town fans generosity.
“I was so happy to get the contract signed, it seems the fans are happy and their generosity they have shown to raise over £4,000 is amazing. EACH is a great charity and this money is going to a great cause.”
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 5 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 6 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 7 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot
Bart has since donated signed gloves and merchandise as part of a prize giveaway to donators.
Graham Butland, EACH chief executive, said: “It was a wonderful gesture from Richard to organise a collection for us after Bart signed his new contract and it was equally wonderful to see how Town fans got behind the idea.
“Thank you, all. This is just another example of the strong link that exists between the players, staff and fans of Ipswich and all of us here at EACH.”